Homebrew Pinball #3, Part 85

Cross posted from the original Pinside thread, this is one of many posts regarding my third homebrew pinball machine, creatively nicknamed 'P3'

While out shopping, I saw a Cri-Cut for sale, and thought "that would be handy to cut some stencils!". But then I thought: "wait, why do I need stencils? what if I just cut the art out of vinyl directly?" So I grabbed a roll of 'removable' adhesive vinyl from the supply area and tried it out on the cab. It looked fine, and seemed to peel back off without damaging the webbing, so that sounded good. Except I didn't want to drop $300 on a cricut. So I bought a $10 'drag knife' vinyl cutter attachment and hooked it up to my CNC router instead

Took a few tries to get everything adjusted properly and figure out a workflow, but once I worked out the kinks it worked quite well.
Hand positioning and applying them to the cabinet also took some trial and error, but no major issues

As always, learning that even a tiny bit of art goes a long way. I'm not going to win any awards here but it's turned out pretty solid despite my zero art skills

Posted Tuesday, November 16, 2021
at 11:48 AM

Tags: Blog Post, Pinball, Project, P3,

blog comments powered by Disqus